sabato 30 settembre 2023

The Ghost Illusion by Kat Martin

If you need help, we are here for you.

Eve St. Clair desperately needs help sorting reality from her fearful imaginings when ghostly voices seem to haunt the Victorian house in Sunderland, England, that she inherited from her uncle. Online research leads to a group that claims to offer just the aid she’s seeking. But can Ransom King’s handpicked team of investigators truly banish Eve’s night terrors?
Since the deaths of his wife and daughter, Seattle billionaire Ransom King has devoted himself to researching parapsychology and debunking the frauds who prey upon the bereaved. But Eve is a psychologist herself, clearly sane, and her sincerity is palpable. King senses a very real danger stalking the beautiful divorcée. As his interest in her case turns deeply personal, he will move heaven and earth to uncover the truth—no matter how shocking—and save the woman he loves.


REVIEW

“…are Eve’s night terrors real, or just an illusion?”


Eve St. Clair is a psychologist and after her uncle death, she inherits his house in England, where she spent part of her childhood, but something happens there, she hears whispers, creepy sounds and running feet. She doesn’t know if these are only tricks of her mind, if she’s imagining things and she’s scared.
She make researches on the web and decides to contact for help Ransom King, a billionaire who lead a paranormal investigation company in Seattle, after the loss of his wife and kid.
This is the start of one of the best read of the year for me.
I didn’t know this author, I read a lot and I know I have big holes in my “reading shelf”, as they say; so many books so little times, and it’s so true.
Kat Martin is an amazing writer and If you love this genre it’s a great story.
I always loved ghost, and mistery in books, movies and tv series and I was totally hooked by this story from the start.
The atmosphere is everything, engaging, a page turner, and I must say sometimes feels so real that it’s a little scary. I really loved it.
And MS Kat Martin’s writing is wonderful to read, her characters, Eve and Ransom are great, the chemistry between them perfect, but also their Insta-connection. What I love the most in Ransom is how he takes care of everyone around him, his team and Eve, in everyway possible.
Eve is sweet and strong and her empathy for the people around her makes her extraordinary.
Ransom’s team give something more to the story with their presence, I almost hoped this is a first book in a series, because I could feel something in the air…
The plot and the research behind the ghost presence in Eve’s home is intriguing and fascinating, I don’t want to tell more, because you have to discover it while reading.
I think I really need to explore the booklist of this author.

RATING: 5 STARS

Thanks to Netgalley and Kensington Books for the kind preview

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento